Sunday, October 2, 2011

A.N.Y.W.

Last week, my friend came to visit. We saw Balanchine at the Lincoln Center. It was absolutely fantastic - quite classic, and lean lines. We got decent seats, and watched the 2 other shows in delight. But the ending scene (the iconic one) is smashing.

The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the co-work lovin'. Halal food was had by all, and it was finished up with a quick tour of greenpoint for my roommate's art show.

Showing around friends is interesting. On the one hand, you realize how much of a new yorker you've become - on the other, you also realize that you'll still get lost or on the wrong stop.

This weekend, there was visiting, an enormous Chinese brunch, and lots of good ol' conversation. I did pass out on friday due to my exhaustion - but I made up for it by staying out and walking most of southern Manhattan last night. September was a visit-heavy month, but October will have even more faces. At least, I know realize that sleep has to be carved out. (Or perhaps taken against ones will, to be woken up at six am in your clothes next to your open laptop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment