Saturday, September 3, 2011

Food On the Go!


I recently sold out to another food trend: food trucks...and I'm sooooo glad I did!

A friend of mine works for a media group, so she gets wind of some pretty cool events! Last weekend we went to a "Food Truck Social" in West Town. It was a gathering of food trucks in two parking lots complete with music and drink tents. Kind of like the Taste...but less crowded...and with cheaper, tastier food! Most of the entrees were $5, much cheaper overall than Taste tickets.

We stopped by a few trucks throughout the afternoon. The first was Hummingbird Kitchen for some garlic, basil, chili pepper fries. DELICIOUS. Then we stopped by Gaztro-Wagon, which was hosting Big Star for a few hours. To cool off/charge up, we stopped by the Isla de Cafe truck, where I ordered their "Rice'n'Beans" drink (rice milk, cinnamon, and espresso). Our final stop was Flirty Girl cupcakes.

It was a great way to spend an afternoon and I guess I have to stop hatin' on food trucks now...

No comments:

Post a Comment