Thursday, September 8, 2011

Seattle Waterfront


 Seattle view from Pier 66

Because it continues to be gorgeous here, I had to put up these pictures of the Seattle waterfront! They should all be clickable for larger versions but they might not be because the new Blogger WYSIWIG keeps messing things up for some reason and after a couple minutes of messing with their ugly code...I gave up :-/

 The Olympic Mountains

That largeish boat in the photo is the Victoria Clipper, which is basically a small ferry that runs passengers between Seattle and Victoria, BC. I also saw some of the bigger ferries that go to Bainbridge Island, etc but didn't take pics. Probably unconsciously on purpose because the first thing everyone asks me about Seattle/living on an island is "do you have to take a ferry?" (no, there are bridges).

I also found Daddy's yacht in the harbor (hah). 

 Who wants to go to for a cruise?
So I didn't get a shot of any ferries, but I did get Anthony's Pier 66, which is one of the best seafood restaurants around and looks like a ferry!

Anthony's Pier 66

Then I played a fun game of Cruise Ship vs. Building. I think the cruise ship won...

This monster is 965 feet long...basically a floating skyscraper

I'm super jealous of the 2,934 people it's taking to Alaska!

And that's a big building on the right, too...yikes. Apparently the ship will be moving port to NY in 2012 for Caribbean cruises, so maybe Xu will see it there!

Then I saw one of my favorite things...

Asdfhjadsfk I love the aquarium

If you ever visit Seattle, you must go to the aquarium! They have tons of cool aquatic life on display; my favorites are the otters and the big underwater viewing dome.

Finally, as I was on my way home, I saw this huge Bengali (I think based on the headgear--Indian friends please correct me) wedding procession going to the Marriott for a lovely outdoor wedding! My favorite part? They rented a horse drawn carriage so the groom and his father could arrive in a traditional fashion--and his dad's on his cell phone. Technology FTL?

They were all dancing down the street, though apparently not in this pic

"Yo, where you guys at?" "Stuck in traffic, man"

Pike Place Market pictures up next I promise! And it's still sunny and warm here...supposed to be 90 degrees this weekend! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I missed this caption the first time I read this: Yo, where you guys at?" "Stuck in traffic, man"

    Funnyyyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how its going to be 70 in chicago and 90 in seattle

    ReplyDelete